Smartling was founded 14 years ago to make localization and translation seamless. Today, Smartling is profitable and backed by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm, supporting company growth and expanding our market share and leadership position. We are the only cloud-based, AI-enabled translation platform that combines a Neural Machine Translation Hub and professional language services empowering teams to collaborate in real-time to create experiences customers love.
As a Talent Associate at Smartling, you will have a dual focus of aiding in HR operations and supporting recruitment efforts. You will play an integral role in up-leveling our internal People management systems and processes, as well as supporting our employees and candidates. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing team designing and delivering change while supporting a number of people-related projects.
- Manage the Employee Experience through high-quality administration of the employee life cycle (joiners, internal transfers, promotions, leave of absence, probation, and resignations/leavers)
- Be the first point of contact for employee inquiries on HR-related information, escalating as required
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records. Produce reporting on staffing, attrition, absence, working time, training. Produce ad-hoc reports as required
- Schedule and facilitate interviews, ensuring timely feedback and a positive candidate experience
- Ensure a great employee environment through weekly check-ins at our Dublin office
- Support our L&D by facilitating training and learning and development activities across the group, and maintenance of up to date and accurate training records
- Keep the Employee Company Handbook up to date and ensure compliance with HR rules and regulations
- Ensure the various trackers (e.g. candidate tracker, new hire tracker) used by the HR team are kept up to date
- Conduct regular audits of employment files and systems to ensure they are up-to-date, accurate, and GDPR compliant
- Any other general HR administration-related duties
- Promote and support a healthy working environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Previous experience in HR, Administration or similar roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build rapport with candidates and employees
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to juggle and manage competing tasks and demands and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Self-motivated and results-orientated with a clear focus on accuracy
- High level of honesty, integrity, and ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to travel to our Dublin office once per week and for occasional events
- Proactive. Willing to take the initiative and provide suggestions and ideas to contribute to the success of the role/team
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for employees’ and candidates’ success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A Team Player. Possess the ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Detailed. Exceptional attention to and ownership of detail in communication and process
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡- we are remote-first
- Growth – an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 – We offer a competitive salary & pension plan with company matching
- Wellness – company-sponsored Health insurance plan
- Balance – flexible PTO + 10 bank holidays! Generous parental leave. We are remote-friendly
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus – employee referral programs and Apple equipment
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, a quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.