Scholarship For International Students in Canada
Best Scholarship For International in Canada has historically been known as one of the safest countries in the world. In 2018, the Global Peace Index ranked Canada as the world’s sixth-highest pleasant country. You will have the same rights as any other Canadian student as an international student. There are various options for funding your education in Canada, but most students choose to apply for scholarships. Let’s break down the scholarships into categories and go over each one.
Scholarships for International students
There are three categories of Scholarships for International students in Canada Namely:
Canadian University scholarships
International scholarship programs sponsored by the Canadian government make it possible for international students studying in Canada at a reduced cost. You will be able to manage your finances, education loan, and lifestyle more effectively if you choose one of these options. These scholarships also cover travel expenses and other aspects of your stay in Canada.
Government of Canada international scholarship programs, Eligibility, and Benefits
1. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
– Given to national and international post-graduates to attract top-tier intelligent minds.
– Students are given 70,000 CAD annually for 2 years.
2. IDRC Research Awards
– Students from developing countries can apply for this scholarship.
– A sum amount is transferred throughout your course tenure.
3. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
– The government of Canada offers scholarships to students pursuing Masters in the field of Science, Engineering, Humanities etc.
– The scholarship presents 50,000 CAD annually to students for three years.
4. Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
– Fellowships to various graduate and postgraduate Indian students studying at a reputed university.
– Eligible students can sign up for courses or take a part of their coaching from any Canadian university that falls under SICI online.
5. Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
– Students hailing from the commonwealth nations can avail several grants every year.
– This scholarship changes every year to provide different privileges.
6. Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
– The Ontario scholarship provides grants to students who enrol in Ontario public universities.
– You can get from 5000 CAD – 15, 000 CAD.
7. Ontario Trillium Scholarship
– International PhD students are awarded this scholarship.
– Up to 40,000 CAD is given across 4 years.
8. Canada-ASEAN SEED
– Global Affairs Canada give out scholarships to students pursuing their high studies.
– Cost of Visa and/or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation expenses, books and supplies are included.
9. Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship
– Financial assistance to students studying in Quebec is covered. (The scholarship has currently been paused.)
– Scholarships of up to 40,000 CAD are granted.
10. National Research Council of Canada (NRCC)
– Research grants are given to research students that are pursuing their Masters or PhD.
– The price and duration depend on your study level.
Non-government grants are available by non-profit organizations or influential people in Canada. They do so in order to encourage foreign students to pursue further education in Canada. The following are some of the best study in Canada scholarships you may apply for:
Non-Government Scholarship in Canada, Eligibility and Benefit
1. Anne Vallee Ecological Fund
– The Anne Vallée Ecological Fund (AVEF) offers two 1,500 CAD scholarships to support students registered in animal research at the master or doctoral level in a Québec or British Columbia University.
2. Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship
– A 2,000 CAD prize is available to undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in Canada.
– You will need to submit an essay to apply to win this scholarship.
3. Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships
– 15 international scholarships for students studying at the doctoral level.
– 20,000 CAD – 40,000 CAD for three years, including travel allowance.
Canadian University scholarships Eligibility and Benefit
1. University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship
– 10,000 CAD- 15,000 CAD awarded to students at the doctoral, Masters level of study at the University of Toronto.
2. University of Waterloo International Funding
– International students are awarded a number of scholarships to study at the University of Waterloo, they range from 2500 CAD to 50,000 CAD/year.
3. University of Calgary International Scholarships
– Scholarships for international students to study in Canada at the University of Calgary. Awards range from 500 CAD to 60,000 CAD.
4. University of Alberta International Scholarships
– Several scholarship opportunities are offered to international students aspiring to study at the graduate/post-graduate level at the University of Alberta.
5. UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award
– International students are offered a number of scholarships ranging from 1,500 CAD – 50,000 CAD to study at the University of British Columbia.
6. Queen’s University International Scholarships
– Queens provide financial aids such as bank loans etc to international students studying at the university.
7. McGill University Scholarships and Student Aid
– McGill University offers 3000 CAD – 12,000 CAD every year to students studying at the university.
8. Dalhousie University Scholarships
– Merit-based scholarships are given to students of Dalhousie.
9. Western University Scholarship
– Scholarships starting from 2000 CAD and ranging up to 100,000 CAD are awarded based on your excellence.
I hope that this article is Helpful learn more about Scholarship opportunities here